SCB Debit and Credit Cards
SCB customers have the ability to apply for business and consumer credit cards through our partnership with Card Assets. With global purchasing power, these cards are designed to complement the way you live with the benefits you desire.
The Platinum Collection offers three cards to choose from, for either business or consumer accounts. Each Platinum Collection card offers a great number of benefits. Click here to see these benefits and compare options to see which card might be best for you.
Consumer and Business Platinum Cards offer:
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Online Reward Tracking
- Online Account Management
- Protection and Security Services
- Realize new levels of purchasing power with the Platinum Credit Card
- Experience immediate savings thanks to competitive Annual Percentage Rates
- Get online access to all of your spending information for increased financial control
- Insure and protect yourself with extensive security and travel assistance services
- Put your purchases to work for you with our Platinum Payback program by earning 1% Cash Back on all qualifying purchases*
- Cash Back can be paid to you upon request
- Features higher spending limits and Platinum Rewards designed to make every dollar count
- Opportunity to earn double and triple reward points on qualifying everyday purchases*
Instant Issue Debit Cards
Coming soon to many of our locations, get your debit card instantly upon account opening and choose from four SCB custom card designs.
EMV "Chip" Cards
SCB debit card customers are issued EMV cards. Also known as Chip Cards, these cards have an added layer of security when used in chip-enabled terminals that makes counterfeiting them more difficult.
Note: All stores/merchants have not installed chip card readers on their terminals, so you will need to continue to swipe your card at many locations.
There has been a recent increase in debit card fraud affecting local consumers and banks. Certain merchants' processing systems are being hacked, placing your card information in the hands of criminals. Here are a few common ways that your card information might be compromised:
At a merchant: Your card information is electronically saved into the merchant’s card processing system. These processing systems can be hacked by a criminal and your card information stolen. (Example: Home Depot and Target)
Online: Your card information is electronically saved into the merchant’s card processing system. These processing systems can be hacked by a criminal and your card information stolen.
At a restaurant: When your card is taken by a server/cashier to be swiped through a terminal that is not in your sight, there is a potential that your card could be swiped through a portable skimmer as well. These portable skimmers store your card info and are used by criminals to commit fraud.
Any POS terminal: Skimmers are being placed on point of sale and gas station “pay at the pump” terminals, and even ATM machines. When using a card at a terminal, take care to inspect the machine.
If you have used your debit card recently at a merchant that has publicly announced a data breach, we suggest that you contact your bank and discuss this with them. The bank may recommend a new debit card with a new number based on your personal circumstances. Your bank should be happy to order a new card for you at no charge because in doing so it is helping to protect both your interest and the bank’s.
To help limit your exposure to potential fraud, use cash to pay for a purchase at any merchant that has announced a data breach.
We are here to answer any questions you might have about debit card fraud. Please do not hesitate to call us or stop by to talk with your local banker today.
Safety Tips for Debit Card Usage
- As your first choice, use signature-based transactions for full MasterCard® Fraud Protection.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) secret.
- Always sign the back of your card.
- Do not disclose information about your card over the telephone.
- Never disclose information about your card in response to an unsolicited email or request.
- Make certain your Internet shopping sites are secure.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once.
Review your account for unauthorized transactions. Using SCB Online Banking will give you access 24 hours a day from your home or business computer.