SEVIERVILLE, TN – Sevier County Bank’s employee jeans day program, better known as the Dressed Down for My Town initiative (#DD4MT) will benefit local fire agencies during the month of August. The bank has been focusing on these efforts to collect AA batteries and much needed funds for Sevier County’s eleven fire departments during their August campaign for over 5 years now.
AA batteries are used in the firefighter’s air pack, which notify when air bottles are running low and also signal an emergency alarm system when a firefighter is injured or trapped. It’s an essential part of their life‐saving equipment. Eleven fire departments, representing 23 fire stations and approximately 400 firefighters, serve Sevier County.
#DD4MT funds raised during the month of August, as well as batteries donated in lieu of cash, will go to help these local agencies restock their battery inventories. SCB employees invite the public to help by donating new packs of AA batteries or cash now through August 31st.
Will you help? Each of SCB’s six locations will serve as collection sites for the AA Battery Campaign during August. Locations include:
- Main Office, 111 E. Main Street, Sevierville
- Dolly Parton Parkway Office, 720 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville
- Pigeon Forge Main Office, 3260 Parkway, Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Satellite Office, 3605 Parkway, Pigeon Forge
- Seymour Office, 11403 Chapman Highway, Seymour
- Gatlinburg Office, 961 E. Parkway, Gatlinburg