ATM / Credit / Debit
SCB has numerous blocking rules placed on certain types of merchants in other states where fraudulent debit card transactions have occurred. This simply means that the signature-based (credit) option will not work to complete your transaction. If you choose "debit" and use your PIN, the transaction should process.
EMV cards info
SCB debit card customers are issued EMV cards. Also known as Chip Cards, these have an added layer of security when used in chip-enabled terminals that makes counterfeiting them more difficult.
Note- all stores/merchants have not installed chip card readers on their terminals, so you will need to continue to swipe your card at many locations.
Click here to see a video about EMV cards and how to complete an EMV transaction.
As always, please give us a call if you have any questions.
Debit Card Fraud
There has been a recent increase in debit card fraud affecting local consumers and banks. Certain merchants' processing systems are being hacked, placing your card information in the hands of criminals. Here are a few common ways that your card information might be compromised:
- At a merchant- your card information is electronically saved into the merchant’s card processing system. These processing systems can be hacked by a criminal and your card information stolen. (Example- Home Depot and Target)
- Online- your card information is electronically saved into the merchant’s card processing system. These processing systems can be hacked by a criminal and your card information stolen.
- At a restaurant- when your card is taken by a server/cashier to be swiped through a terminal that is not in your sight, there is a potential that your card could be swiped through a portable skimmer as well. These portable skimmers store your card info and are used by criminals to commit fraud.
- Any POS terminal- skimmers are being placed on point of sale and gas station “pay at the pump” terminals, and even ATM machines. When using a card at a terminal, take care to inspect the machine. Watch this short surveillance video that shows what these skimmers look like and just how quickly and easily criminals can install these devices.
If you have used your debit card recently at a merchant that has publicly announced a data breach, we suggest that you contact your bank and discuss this with them. The bank may recommend a new debit card with a new number based on your personal circumstances. Your bank should be happy to order a new card for you at no charge because in doing so it is helping to protect both your interest and the bank’s.
To help limit your exposure to potential fraud, use cash to pay for a purchase at any merchant that has announced a data breach.
We are here to answer any questions you might have about debit card fraud. Please do not hesitate to call us or stop by to talk with your local banker today.
ATM/Debit Card Protection
In the unfortunate event your Debit/ATM card is either lost or stolen, call us immediately. During normal business hours, call (865) 453-6101 to have your situation resolved. After hours, we still have you covered! All you have to do is call our 24-hour line at 1-866-546-8273 immediately to block your card and prevent unauthorized use. With Zero Liability from MasterCard®, you are protected from unauthorized PIN based and also signature based (non-PIN) charges on your SCB MasterCard® Debit Card.
Safety Tips for Debit Card Usage
- As your first choice, use signature-based transactions for full MasterCard® Fraud Protection.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) secret.
- Always sign the back of your card.
- Do not disclose information about your card over the telephone.
- Never disclose information about your card in response to an unsolicited email or request.
- Make certain your Internet shopping sites are secure.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once.
Review your account for unauthorized transactions – using SCB Online Banking will give you access 24 hours a day from your home or business computer.
SCB is proud to offer business and consumer credit cards with global purchasing power, designed to complement the way you live with the benefits you desire.
Our Platinum Collection offers three styles to choose from, for either business or consumer accounts. Each of our Platinum Collection cards offer a great number of benefits. Click here to see these benefits and compare options to see which card might be best for you!
Platinum Classic – Realize new levels of purchasing power with the Platinum Credit Card.
- Experience immediate savings thanks to competitive Annual Percentage Rates
- Get online access to all of your spending information for increased financial control
- Insure and protect yourself with extensive security and travel assistance services
Platinum Payback – Put your purchases to work for you with our Platinum Payback program.
- Earn 1% Cash Back on all qualifying purchases*
- Cash Back will be paid to you upon request
Platinum Preferred – Features higher spending limits and Platinum Rewards designed to make every dollar count.
- Opportunity to earn double and triple reward points on qualifying everyday purchases**
The Consumer and Business Platinum Cards also offer:
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Online Reward Tracking
- Online Account Management
- Protection and Security Services
Main Office, 111 E. Main Street, Sevierville
Dolly Parton Office, 720 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville
Gatlinburg Office, 961 East Parkway, Gatlinburg
Pigeon Forge Office, 3260 Parkway, Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge Satellite Office, 3605 Parkway, Pigeon Forge
Seymour Office, 11403 Chapman Highway, Seymour
Frank Allen’s Market, 930 Parkway, Sevierville
Clabough’s Market, 405 Wears Valley Road, Pigeon Forge
Marathon Mart #5, 1415 Parkway, Sevierville
Sammy’s Auto Parts, 3177 Newport Highway, Sevierville
Stewart’s Drug Store, 3120 Parkway, Pigeon Forge
The Ripken Experience, 405 Jake Thomas Boulevard, Pigeon Forge